Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dating lawyers (Read 21097 times)
Tia Maria

Dating lawyers
Dec 10th, 2002 at 11:26am

Roll EyesDoes anyone have a better half who is a lawyer- anyone feel that when you live with a lawyer, you life with the firm.
It is funny when you actually do speak to their secretary more than them[color=Pink][/color]Anyway, at least we get your cash....

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Dating lawyers
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 7:54pm

It's not being a lawyer that's the problem, it's being with someone who can't switch off when they come home and who can only talk about work, work, work. When was the last time you had a converstaion with your partner about anythinf meaningful-feelings, hopes,dreams etc?

Ban him from talking about his job and you'll get on better.

Incidentally, it's worse if you are ever in the company of a group of lawyers. What a bore! I know, I used to be one but now I'm better.

Grumpy Smiley

IP Logged

Princess Analia

Glasgow
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 10:26pm

Grumpy is right, it's the same with all types of jobs/professions! I used to be a nurse and every time we got together socially we talked about nursing! It is very boring but it's what you have in common so that's what you discuss. So yes, ban chat about work from conversation, much better way of doing things and it has the added bonus of maybe even finding out what you have in common with people other than you chose  the same career.

princessanalia1974  
IP Logged

michelcasin
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 4:00am

There is no problem with lawyer. What ever the occupation it will not make a difference. But they should not work at home and should spend with the partner.

Dating

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009