Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
inheritence (Read 3022 times)
mijren
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

inheritence
Mar 16th, 2003 at 2:43am

In Nov 2001 my sister divorced her husband. In Feb 2002 he remarried.  In April 2002 my sister died and he appeared on the scene with a will she had made in 1988 saying that as he was named as executor then her whole estate was his.  This even though in the divorce settlement they both gave up the right to each others estate. He also still owed her 14000 being the remainder of part of the financial settlement of their divorce.  Since then my nephew has laid out in the region of 10000 in legal fees to stop him from laying his hands on her estate.  There is much more I could say but I would like anyones comments on this issue.

IP Logged

scottishlaw

London
Re: inheritence
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2003 at 6:55am

If the legal fees are at 10,000 it seems there may be a hell of a lot more to that story?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009