Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
THIS FORUM IS A WASTE OF TIME (Read 43532 times)
yeclanika

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: THIS FORUM IS A WASTE OF TIME
Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 9:58am

Can you send me your contact details as the ones you have supplied are not working.
My direct contact is posibleali@msn.com

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #16 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 11:18am

I think it is obvious that some of the sections are just not being used so it should be asked why they should be kept. The most frequently used sections are those seeking advice and this is very useful for users who are often just asking if they have any rights and what they could do about them. That is a useful if not a vital service and should be continued and expanded. There is a hardcore of people who are willing to help (you know who you are!) and that's great.
In my book less is more and an all singing and dancing site that is not used fully is pointless. Concentrate on what you are good at and expand it!!
This forum is not a waste of time , just some parts of it. Just because someone posts a query that is unanswered may point to the nature of the query itself rather than the "advisors".

IP Logged

RR
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 10:11pm

Good For You All ....
This Site is not a waste of time
.... Maybe frustrating for some who look for instant responses ....However , Take a look at the bigger Picture .... And read others responses ....Lots of very good advice out there and would answer a lot of stuff if read on a regular basis.... Remember it is a free for everyone site ....without cash up front....Or anytime for that matter... You want to take legal advice to court.... Within a few days???? .... Find another place .... Okay there is not another place to go.....Unless you hire a Lawperson...so .. GREAT SITE THERE ARE STILL FOLK WHO RESPECT WHATS ON OFFER... Get a grip and take the advice      (FREE) I havent seen a lot of bad versions of Advice ..... Well okay some from Visitors who stay on the site for a few weeks and vanish!!!!! But on the whole advice on this site is sound . Maybe not as fast as some would like to receive it ....But at the end of the day....You get as they say what you pay for.
What have you Paid ....Nil ....What have you Gained.... Knowlage....
That is.... Instant proper responces Cost       ....       if you have a court date on Monday .... Forget it .
And some who have legal Questions and Want to research May Find advice that is helpful.So why say this Forum is a waste of time ....
Yes if you want a responce within a few mins of posting your Issue.
... So Expect to wait for a responce ....Great sites like this run by Voulunters ... Are Great ... Dont Rubbish them ... Try ASK.Com or any other search engine if you feel you will get better.
I think some may feel this is some type of search engine and not a forum.
So What do you think of what i say as a regular reader of this forum do you Agree or What.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2007 at 11:18pm by RR »  

IP Logged

coullboy
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - Nov 27th, 2007 at 12:18am

I've just come back to this site after a bit of an absence cos I thought yipee a site that'll give you a wee bit of free advice just to get Joe public on the way.

But after going through some of the questions for advice/help.It is remarkable how many people take the time and effort to sit and read the post but never reply why ??? how ignorant and self obcessed some of the legal profession are.

As one person says all we "lay men" are looking for is a starter for ten and then we'll head off down to our nearest solicitor/lawyer and take the matter on a more formal footing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the forum its the "up my own ar#e with importance" legal people who read and don't bother offering any advice.

some of you guys aren't worth the money .....

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #19 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 11:51am

To be fair I, for example will look at most queries but will only offer an opinion where I have the experience in that field to comment usefully. So yes, I will read queries and not answer them. What's wrong with that? Read RR's post!

IP Logged

scottishlaw

London
Reply #20 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 3:39pm

me too

IP Logged

Norse_mann

"at the weekends I'm a
viking"

Reply #21 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 6:08pm

I have to add my voice to that of RR, Grumpy and Scottishlaw, I pop into the forum on a fairly regular basis to check out recent posts, if I am able to help the person I will reply. I do not however enjoy the law so much that I will spend my own rather limited free time researching an area I do not practice in in order to answer a rather non-specific query about contact orders or similar.

coullboy> you don't think we're worth the money! as any advice here is given free, I'll happily give you a full refund.

I would like to reiterate Dees point about politeness etc, while there are quite a few unanswered queries on here there are also a LOT of answered ones with no wee post at the end saying thanks, there are also posts where a sensible common sense reply has been met with a rather rough rebuff from the OP.

Lord Denning Rules OK&&&&House of Lords Overrules OK

IP Logged

RR
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 8:01pm

What a website
Dec 6th, 2006

Can I Add that last year I started the topic What a website.
I stand by it now as I did then.
This is not a search engine.
And As I stated you get what you pay for.
Rubbishing information based on the fact you dont like the responses you may receive is no way to Judge whats on offer here.
Okay some questions go unanswered the reasons for that have been clearly explained by Grumpy, Norseman and scottishlaw . Thats not forgeting all the others who offer advice wherther welcome or not.
Lets look at how this all started Stax2004 Says He/She will give advice within a 6 hour period.
Cant think of many who could answer some Questions i could put up in this time period!!!.

Stax2004 then says would it not be great if we could get Free legal advice.
Yes i so agree with Stax on this . And Is this whats not on offer on this site.YES IT IS.
An Ideal Scotland With free avice. We could all dream about it Dream is the Word here i think.
Well this site maybe the dream.
Free for all Without any costs.

As previously Mentioned You get what you pay for.

RR
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2007 at 11:03pm by RR »  

IP Logged

coullboy
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 11:42pm

To everyone on this site I've offend with my last comments ,my most sincere apologises that all came out wrong very wrong, very sorry.
And yes grumpy me and my next door neighbours are still having our Land Dispute with our neighbours and the local Authority, I'll take on board your advice and chill ....

Guess I just let matters get the better of me

once again VERY SORRY Embarrassed

Its as I said a good site

IP Logged

RR
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 1:22am

Can I just make another small point here .
Not everyone who reads the Issues are from the Legal proffesion.
So if you get say 20 Views maybe a few of them are read by the Legal team.
Views at this point . Mean people who have read your post.
Out of the 20.
15+ are read by regular everyday people outwith the legal proffesion.
Some things I read i have a view on but I dont feel my advice would help.
Some take the common sence approach. Others are more complex.
Give the site a chance.
Stop Rubbishing it Thanks.

IP Logged

zurich_allan

Paisley, Scotland
Reply #25 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 11:10pm

Absolutely have to add my support here. Since I first stumbled on this forum around a year ago I have found it to often have interesting issues being discussed and check the forum every day even though there may be nothing new. I have previously offered information on areas that I know or have experience in, but at other times I would read though not reply for the simple reason that I don't have the correct information off the top of my head, and don't have enough hours in the day to fully read up and refresh my knowledge! I think sometimes the expectations of some members of the public are borderline insane as they expect a lawyer often to know the answer to EVERY legal question on ANY area of the law immediately. It's crazy.

As some have pointed out there have been various cases here where members have given information or advice and had nothing but a mouthful of abuse in response just because the answer isn't what the poster might have wanted, which is a shame really.

I think the forum is a very good avenue for members of the public to ask questions and have information given, especially so since there really isn't anything else like it.

IP Logged

RR
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 2:23am

Im not tyring to be Funny here .
But I put an Item up for sale on E-Bay.... I had over 500 Views .
Only one person put a bid in on my for sale item.
This is the same with this site. 500+ viewings.
(There is obviously a difference)
But the point is ....Many people view your / Everyones Threads .
But one good statement of advice is Worth waiting for.
Same as getting a Solid Buyer.
This maybe not the best example I could put forward ....but I sold the Item.
So a Solid bit of Info is as good as a confirmed buyer.
Lots of Solid info available and not at E-BAY Costs.

IP Logged

ajgskye
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 22nd, 2007 at 10:32am

I agree

IP Logged

Michelle151
Newbies

Hey Peeps

Glasgow
Reply #28 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 8:37pm

if this form is a waste of time then why are u posting in it. im not in the legal profession im still at high school we all make suggestions to try and help each other and solve questions.

IP Logged

stax2004

Reply #29 - May 19th, 2009 at 11:19pm

So much has changed in 6 years since I created this topic.

Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009