Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can anyone find me a Scots case? (Read 11120 times)
sassenach
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can anyone find me a Scots case?
Nov 11th, 2003 at 11:54pm

I'm doing a moot next week, and there's an old Scottish case I would like to mention, but it doesn't seem as if there are any copies of the Report book it's in in the north of England.

I would be very grateful if any students at a Scots university would be willing get me a photocopy of the case, then either email it to me in pdf format, or if you don't have a scanner, perhaps by post?

The citation is Countess of Dunmore v Alexander (1830) 9 Sh 190, which I believe is in a volume called Digest of Reports of the Court of Sessions etc etc by Patrick Shaw.

Email sderry@blueyonder.co.uk if you can help; I'm not sure exactly what I can do in return but you're welcome to use your imagination!

Thanks  (and before anyone points it out, I AM aware of how dodgy an authority the case is!)

IP Logged

scottishlaw

London
Re: Can anyone find me a Scots case?
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2003 at 5:39am

That's not old and is sitting in every University library in Scotland.  C'mon people - can someone help another student out?

I am a little further south than you in fact and don't have access to Session Cases (or at least I don't think I do).

If things get desparate and you still haven't got it, contact the Signet Library through http://www.signetlibrary.co.uk/ and ask nicely.

I'll look at work tomorrow.

IP Logged

sassenach
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Can anyone find me a Scots case?
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 5:46am

Thanks for trying, I did the moot without it and my case was probably the better for it, truth be known!

Our first moot, we only won one point of law but we certainly enjoyed the experience.  Can't wait till the next one to put the judge's comments into practice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009