Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
accelerated degree and traineeships (Read 3408 times)
Lil
Newbies

accelerated degree and traineeships
Jan 7th, 2005 at 12:47am

Right, I'm planning on doing a graduate entry accelerated LLB starting at the beginning of the next academic year. As I understand it, applications for traineeships can begin two years before the diploma is completed.

This would mean the end of my 1st year of the LLB. I was planning on getting a vacation placement at the end of my first year if applications begin in the beginning of my second year then this relevant experience can go on my application. However, if applications are in the summer after my first year I won't have the experience yet which will surely put me at the bottom of the pile!?

Some advice on when to apply for the vacation placements would be appreciated and indeed, some information on if my fears are actually completely unfounded would also be helpful!

IP Logged

Pixie

teribilis est locus iste

Glasgow
Re: accelerated degree and traineeships
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2005 at 8:38pm

Im currently in my first year of the accelerated LLB, and will be applying for summer placements. They are usually only 2-4 weeks long, so if you obtain one at the beginning of the summer then you will have the experience to put down on your applications later on in the summer, as the closing date for traineeships is usually around October. Also, quite often if a firm is impressed with your work on your summer placement they will interiew at the end of your placement for a traineeship if you like. So its quite a good idea to get a few summer placements if poss.

I would also suggest you get involved with as much as you can in your first year so you can put it down for placements and traineeships. By this I mean things like mooting, voluntary placements, class reps or other positions of responsibility. I've been doing loads and although its exhausting whilst studying and working if you have to, its worth it. And in second year you can sit back and relax (well concentrate on study of course  Wink)

Good luck!  Grin

IP Logged

Lil
Newbies

Re: accelerated degree and traineeships
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2005 at 11:08pm

Hey,

Thanks so much for the help it's very much appreciated. I'll be sure to get involved with everything!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009