Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ooops and Sorry!! (Read 20679 times)
YaBB Administrator
Forum Administrator

Scottish Law Online

Scottish Law Online
Ooops and Sorry!!
Sep 23rd, 2005 at 4:57am

For the past two years I have been a bit behind in updating Scottish Law Online and all the associated webpages.

I am now making a pretty determined effort to try and make sure all pages are back up-to-date again (as in all links correct and none broken, etc.) by next March.

Please post suggestions for improvement here in reply to this post.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

jascavj991
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Glasgow
Re: Ooops and Sorry!!
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2005 at 4:33am

I am trying to find Information on a law matter regarding  what is termed "Foreign tort Claimants" and the Dow Corning Silicone corporation in America.
There is some very Important issues at stake for anybody Involved in such cases regarding deadlines of certain procedures .
I cannot find any Information on any British Law Society pages regarding this matter , and I wonder if the legal system in this country is aware of what is about to happen to all the british claimants.
Their is no information available on line in this countryregarding this.
Can you please advise if you know of ant sites where I can access Informatin on this subject
jascavj991

jascavjnr  
IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
Forum Administrator

Scottish Law Online

Scottish Law Online
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 11:28pm

What information are you looking for and then maybe we can answer?

The deadline you're probably talking about and the whole case would probably be a matter for the relevant US federal system the case is taking place in and nothing to do with any of the 3 UK legal systems.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-23%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=D...

The Administrator.
IP Logged

JMAB
Newbies

USA
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2005 at 9:10pm

Glad to hear the renovation is under way.  Is the SLSJ going to be updated too?  Are submissions still being accepted?

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
Forum Administrator

Scottish Law Online

Scottish Law Online
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 1:27pm

I think that's probably unlikely - I have difficulty devoting time to that aspect of the site and at the moment, in the short term, plan to archive the journal.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2007 at 11:42am

Hi there,
i have been posting a reply to a user, pike-hunter (parental rights query) and it appears to me that I could give direct help here by drafting documnts to allow him to obtain a residence order. His grandchild is in his care under a children's panel decision but, as is common, the social work dept want him to get a residence order so they can take the child out of the care system. He can't get legal aid or afford a solicitor. Is it allowed under the rules of this forum for me to ask him to get in touch with me direct?

IP Logged

pammy29
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 4:25pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009