Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
taking children abroad (Read 9800 times)
chrissywillie
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

taking children abroad
Jan 16th, 2006 at 10:30pm

Recently separated will I be allowed to take family on holiday abroad without husbands consent

IP Logged

Gary_A
Newbies

I'm new!

Re: taking children abroad
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 9:01pm

Basically no, we've just experienced a similar issue.

My partner's ex and father of three children, all live with me and my partner.  He's has convictions for sexual offences against children and quite a few convictions for drug offences, has no contact with the two older children and rare supervised contact with the youngest, and has never paid a penny towards his children.  But despite all this he still has parental rights and you need his permission to take them outside the UK.

We had his permission in writing and agreed with the court at a child welfare hearing.  We were booked and ready to go.  A few days before he claimed that he had changed his mind and was concerned about their welfare.  His solicitor must have applied to the court, the next day we had the police at the door and they took possession of the children's passports. 

We had booked a package holiday to Italy for two weeks at a cost of 7800, and of course we didn't get a refund.

IP Logged

Remo Saluza
Newbies

I'm new!

Re: taking children abroad
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 12:16pm

I think you have consult to your ex about it. If you do it without his permission then he can case on you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009