Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recordings of threatening behaviour (Read 7084 times)
shoe
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Recordings of threatening behaviour
Jan 25th, 2007 at 7:57am

Hello there, as I said im a newbie on these forums;

After several (unreasonable) complains from our new neighbor about the noise levels (at 6 o'clock pm, I might add) I made a recording of his threatening behaviour.

I understand that this is not admissible in court as evidence due to the fact that he didn't know he was being recorded. What would I have to say or do in order to obtain such a recording?

Would an audio recording of myself informing said neighbour (even though he may only aknowledge, not agree) that he is being recorded and may be recorded in the future be submissible?

Thankyou.

(also, see my related question/thread on noise complaints and your rights as a houseowner when confronted with the police. do they have the right to enter?)

Thanks.

IP Logged

mr_physical
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Recordings of threatening behaviour
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 1:07am

If he was threatening you with violence or threatening to damage your property or otherwise acting in a disorderly manner such as to cause you alarm, then I do not see why such a recording should not be admissible as evidence in a criminal prosecution.   Of course you'd have to hand it over to the police.

IP Logged

cazmak
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Recordings of threatening behaviour
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2007 at 2:54pm

the same happened to my partner recently - someone recorded him speaking and later accused him of racial abuse even though there is nothing on the tape to prove this he was arrested and out on bail and was told it cannot be used as evidence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009