Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help ,please (Read 3892 times)
Red-Sonya
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Help ,please
Feb 6th, 2007 at 1:19am

Hi Newbie here.I wonder if anyone could help me.It's a long story,but will try to keep it short.

In May 2005 my partner was attacked by my neighbours,then on the August i was attaked by the same neighbours.
Since 2004 they have harrased me and i have ignored them.They have done a lot more things since then,due to all this i now have agrophobia.

I do not have a lawyer as i dont know any that make house calls.

What i would like to know is
1.The male works as a prison officer,should he still be working when he has been charged with assult on 2 counts?
2,She works in a hospital,should she still be working with the same charges?
If not who would i contact about this?

The police put both casses together even though they were 3 months appart.

The case hit the p/f's desk in December 2005 and i have heard nothing since.

I feel no one is interested and these people think they have gotten away with it. I would realy appricate any help you can give.

Thanks Kiss

IP Logged

Joe the Doe

Scotland
Re: Help ,please
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 10:58pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to add that in jobs in the public sector, usually you find that the person who is applying for the job in question has to undergo a "Disclosure Scotland" check. This report would usually detail any offences (if any) the person has committed. I guess, its up to the employer if they wish to employ that person?

I'm not sure if your coming more from the side of where a person is charged, they shouldn't be employed in certain jobs? For example, I think that is the case in teaching.

IP Logged

Red-Sonya
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 11:11pm

Hi Simba
Both these people were in their jobs when this happend.
My friend who is a nurse said that as they work for the civil service,they should have been dissmised until it goes to court,especially as it is assault.

IP Logged

coullboy
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 9:43am

call the police and ask to speak to the inspector for your area, ask what has happened to your complaint. Take names of people you talk to,dates and times. Another step is to make a formal complaint to the Police about the manner in which they have treated your case. Either way you will get some idea as to what has hapened to your case and at what stage it is at.

It sounds like your neighbours have not been charged yet , is this the case.

Are you eligable for Legal Aid?

I am sure if you contacted a Lawyer they would make a house call considering your circumstances

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009