Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Land !!!! (Read 5558 times)
rossemma
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Land !!!!
Mar 6th, 2007 at 4:43pm

Hi does anyone out there know anything about land and the scottish law, we have lived in our house for nearly 15 years, when we bought it the previous owner rented part of our drive from the council for a fee of 100 per , we paid the 1st years 100 rent and have never been billed for it again so we have`nt chased it, we are now thinking of asking the council if we could buy the land from them so my questions are will we have to pay the back rent when they have never billed us for it and does anyone now if the council will sell us the land, as its been suggested to my husband that the council dont sell land which i find hard to believe.
Hope someone out there can help us many thanks.

IP Logged

coullboy
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Land !!!!
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 11:56pm

I know you posted this in March 2007, but noticed that not one of the 440 visits even replied !!! pretty disgraceful really but it says alot about his site .....

Unfortunatey you don't mention what council , but yes they should be able to sell you the land. However like all councils ( I work for Fife ) it will be quite a long drawn out project but hopefully a fruitful one. I cannot remember if they can back charge for rent but I could make enquiries.

Mind you this is now November 2007 .... you may already of managed your purchase. Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

coullboy
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Land !!!!
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2007 at 2:34pm

I have asked colleagues and you should really contact Council about rent immediately , they do have a right to ask for it and have it back dated. But sometimes LA don't like to appear heavy handed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009