Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Visit Amazon.co.uk today Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help interpreting sasines records (Read 10779 times)
yummymummy

Need help interpreting sasines records
Apr 27th, 2007 at 10:06pm

I don't know whether this request is allowed or not. Sorry Mods if it isn't. What can I say, I'm a desperate woman!!!!!!!

I've been trying to get my solicitor to help with this for months now, and for some reason he is very reluctant to spend time on this one. I've posted about this before, but basically this is the situation...

I'm a single mum to 3 kids since hubby ditched us. Going through divorce just now under civil legal aid. I've 'won' the family home, but the whole process of transferring it into my name has brought to light that according to the title deeds, I do not own ANY garden at all, despite having been sold one with my house 4.5 yrs ago, despite using it as mine since, and despite the previous owner using it too.

My house used to be 6 flats, and is now 2 - upper and lower conversions. I own the upper. The original garden was double the size it is now, and may have been in 6 plots at one point. Half got sold off for land development a number of years ago, and the other half is divided into 2 plots now. I've been happily using one of those plots as my garden without any resistence from neighbouring properties, and believed it to be mine.

Because the property has been developed so much over the years and changed hands so many times, the deeds are very complicated, full of dispositions, and to say the least I am bamboozled!!!! I have in my posession my own title deeds from the land registry, and the sasines records they were transferred from a few years back. I also have the sasines record for the lower conversion. There is no land registry for this as yet, but the property was recently sold, so the new title deeds when available will be on the land register this time. I also have details of the excambion selling off some of the original garden.

Is there anyone out there, purely out of the goodness of their heart, who would possibly be prepared to look at these documents for me and clarify whether I do or do not have rights to the garden I've been using? I can't bear the thought of raising 3 small kids in an upper flat without having a garden to play in. But at the same time I can't afford the solicitors fees to get it sorted out.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can help.

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Need help interpreting sasines records
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 11:02am

There are two possible reasons why your lawyer is reluctant.
1. this isn't covered by your legal aid. Ask about legal advice and assistance (pink form) which can cover this. Also ask if they have a junior lawyer or trainee who can economically do the work.
2. If this is the same lawyer who did the convayancing for the original house purchase maybe they are afraid of uncovering a mistake and thus a potential claim against them. If it is a different lawyer maybe they are reluctant as they see the possibility of a claim against another lawyer.

Try another lawyer who does legal aid.

IP Logged

denver001
Newbies

I'm new!

Re: Need help interpreting sasines records
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 5:03pm

I have already written about the financial necessity of saving a portion of any income payment that you receive. This means that a percentage of every single source of income is set aside, marked, or tracked as money that you cannot spend.
For more details try this link:
General Finance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009