Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
selling home (Read 3913 times)
beam
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

selling home
Sep 26th, 2007 at 8:22pm

as the first owner i have to payback a percentage of any profit made on a sale,can i sell at a price which is below current value to aviod this clause?
if i pay off my mortgage in full does the above still apply?it is a 10 year period originally with scottish holmes,why has my neighbor only got a 7 year clause?

IP Logged

Deedee

Re: selling home
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 2:54pm

I don't think I understand the question! Do you mean you purchased as a sitting tenant and got a discount on the purchase price? Is there a Standard Security in respect of the discoun in place? If so it will specify how much you have to repay and this will not be connected to the sale price of the house.

I vaguley recall that discound periods were initially much longer than the present 3 year period- so it may be that your neighbour bought more recently and got a different deal. I think also that the original Scottish Homes sales were done under a voluntary scheme that was very similar to, but not identical to the satutory schemed introduced by the "Right to Buy" legislation. So you would need to check the paperwork carefully.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009