Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extract of Minutes (Read 7841 times)
dom
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Extract of Minutes
Oct 6th, 2007 at 12:13am

I got legally seperated about 3 years ago ,followed by a divorce a year later...unfortunately in ensuing house moves I have lost the original 'extract of minutes' with all the financial settlement bumph on it from the legal seperation...anyone know where I go to get a replacement (the solicitor is not an option)...Thanks

IP Logged

Norse_mann

"at the weekends I'm a
viking"

Re: Extract of Minutes
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 5:00pm

Write to the sheriff court where the decree was granted, give them all the info you can to help them find it. You will have to pay for a copy.

Lord Denning Rules OK&&&&House of Lords Overrules OK

IP Logged

dom
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 7:58pm

Thanks for the reply...I have already been in contact with the sheriff's court...although they have the extract with regards to my decree...they do not have any info regarding the legal seperation which preceded the divorce by about 9 months...it is the extract of minutes from the seperation that I am needing.

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2007 at 10:52am

It sounds like you're looking for a copy of your separation agreement. This is normally registered in the Books of Coincil and Session in the General Register Office in Edinburgh. You can get their address in the phone book. The purpose of regstration is to allow a copy to be obtained if needed at any time and to allow the agreement to be enforced if the other party doesn't comply with it. You will need to give them details of the parties to the agreeemnt and a rough idea of when it was registered.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009