Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which Diploma course? (Read 5110 times)
dizietsma
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Which Diploma course?
Oct 11th, 2007 at 10:33pm

I'm starting my final year and contemplating the Diploma next year.  I'm looking for information or advice on which uni to apply to.

My main issue is contact hours. I have heard various rumours about the contact hours expected at different Unis. Because I still need to pay my mortgage I was hoping to be able to work part time during the Diploma so I am not too keen on a cousre where you have to physically attend the Uni 40 hours a week or something.

I dont mind putting the work in or anything, it's just when I do it and how flexible the course is.

I have a traineeship so I am not worried about the reputation or lack of it of the course - I doubt they will care. At this stage iot's just the practicalities. any inside info warmly welcoemd!

IP Logged

MrEdinburgh
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Which Diploma course?
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 5:11pm

As I understand it, the Diploma course modules are written centrally and that then taught as a "franchise" at the providing universities.

Someone who has done the course will be able to give you a better understanding of the demands, but I imagine they will all be similar in terms of demand.

I am led to believe by reliable sources that the Diploma will be offered on a p/t time basis in the next year or two. This addresses the problem of those who work full-time and do p/t LLBs for 5 years, only to then have to rack up a huge amount of debt during the diploma year!

You could try asking the Law Soc Scot, but not sure how much is in the public domain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009