Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Contract Law Question (Read 3591 times)
golfer1
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Contract Law Question
Nov 18th, 2007 at 1:14am

I'm doing a business degree, but doing a Law module, so apologies if this answer is obvious:

A forms a contract with B for an item (eg a painting) for 100,000 and B pays A 75,000 now and takes the painting, with A's consent. Before the extra 25,000 is paid, the painting becomes damaged, through no fault of B, although he has it. It was damaged by another party. However, B refuses to pay the extra 25,000 he owes, until A fixes the painting: repairs costing 4,000. If the contract is later found to be (a) void, or (b) voidable, what remedies are available to A?

Thanks for your help. And again, apologies if it seems simple, i'm new to this Law thing Smiley

IP Logged

Norse_mann

"at the weekends I'm a
viking"

Re: Contract Law Question
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 6:10pm

Have you tried reading your course textbook?

I would sugest having a look at chapter 6 of Contract (3rd Ed.) by Woolman and Lake, if that is a bit too legalese then try Scottish Business Law (I think one of the authors is Lambie) or General Principals of Scots Law by Enid Marshall.

Lord Denning Rules OK&&&&House of Lords Overrules OK

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009