Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Intra UK Transfer Test (Read 40359 times)
tinu1973
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

glasgow
Re: Intra UK Transfer Test
Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:04am

karlos1977 wrote on Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:19pm:
is anyone intending to do the Intra UK transfer test this May? I am wading through the books, but a bit concerned that I haven't done enough studying for it so far...

Hi  I am planning to go for intra transfer test in nov.2009 I would appreciate your help ,tips for the test 
regards

IP Logged

tinu1973
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

glasgow
Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:05am

Eoin wrote on Jan 21st, 2008 at 6:39pm:
Sure - moral support most welcome

my email address is [Deleted by Forum Admin]. Don`t think i`ll be of much help immediately - but hope to be up to speed soon (famous last words).

I`ve been working in london for 10 years and thinking of moving to scotland ( where my wife`s from) at the end of this year - so need to get these exams.

Hi  I am planning to go for intra transfer test in nov.2009 I would appreciate your help ,tips for the test 
regards

IP Logged

HugoS
Newbies

Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 7:43am

tinu1973,

I wouldn't bother with the CLT study materials; they're overpriced and badly written. One gets the impression that CLT has adapted the materials from other courses. The materials which CLT provided me with didn't even cover civil litigation or provide styles for the compulsory drafting question in the conveyancing paper. Your money would be better spent on textbooks, which will provide in depth information on the subjects to be tested.

No doubt about it: solicitors qualified in Scotland have had it easy qualifying as solicitors in England. The SRA requires that Scottish solicitors sit just one QLTT paper. Unfortunately, the Law Society of Scotland is not so generous towards English qualified solicitors who would qualify in Scotland!

IP Logged

tinu1973
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

glasgow
Reply #18 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 9:22am

Thanks for your reply

I got your point ,I will follow your advice but would you mind to advice when did you get that ?
can I borrow or have a look  that materials for rest of subjects( except conveyancing) .I would be happy to discuss on phone ,if you dont mind.

It is true I got qualified in England and it was easy but seems scottish may be tough .

thanks again

HugoS wrote on Aug 21st, 2009 at 7:43am:
tinu1973,

I wouldn't bother with the CLT study materials; they're overpriced and badly written. One gets the impression that CLT has adapted the materials from other courses. The materials which CLT provided me with didn't even cover civil litigation or provide styles for the compulsory drafting question in the conveyancing paper. Your money would be better spent on textbooks, which will provide in depth information on the subjects to be tested.

No doubt about it: solicitors qualified in Scotland have had it easy qualifying as solicitors in England. The SRA requires that Scottish solicitors sit just one QLTT paper. Unfortunately, the Law Society of Scotland is not so generous towards English qualified solicitors who would qualify in Scotland!

IP Logged

HugoS
Newbies

Reply #19 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:30am

I'll gladly provide you with a photocopy of the two books other than conveyancing, if you are prepared to pay the photocopying and postage costs.

IP Logged

tinu1973
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

glasgow
Reply #20 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 9:14am

HugoS wrote on Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:30am:
I'll gladly provide you with a photocopy of the two books other than conveyancing, if you are prepared to pay the photocopying and postage costs.

Yes I am ready for that . I am in Glasgow are you staying near by ,Or could we talk on phone

IP Logged

HugoS
Newbies

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 6:56am

email me: hugo@fea.st

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009