Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strathclyde or Glasgow (Read 4811 times)
rachinglasgow
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Strathclyde or Glasgow
Feb 14th, 2008 at 1:14pm

Well the clue is really in the title...!!!

I am not going to beat about the bush, I have to decide between the two for the grad LLB, and would love to hear any thoughts about which is better/preferable?

IP Logged

RaoulDuke66
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Glasgow
Re: Strathclyde or Glasgow
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2008 at 1:06pm

Your topic is a duplicate one. See the discussion in the "Graduate LLB" topic. In short, it gives 101 reasons to go to Strathclyde.

IP Logged

zurich_allan

Paisley, Scotland
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2008 at 6:02pm

RaoulDuke66, the same person started both threads - I'd be fairly sure therefore that they would be aware of the other thread!  Grin To be fair, I think the previous thread was intended to be about all of the options and inadvertantly turned into a Glasgow / Strathclyde discussion. I've got a feeling that this thread was perhaps started with the intention of getting more focussed responses. At the end of the day, it's not as if there are new threads coming out of our ears on these boards so I don't thikn most people would have a problem with there being two seperate threads.

As for my response to the question in the thread - In my opinion (as a lecturer) they both have their advantages and disadvantages, but if it came down to it I'd choose Strathclyde over Glasgow. (Having known various past and present students on the course).

IP Logged

rachinglasgow
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2008 at 6:40pm

RD - I think Zurich Allan has said pretty much all I wanted to say, this thread was meant to be more specific but the convesation has gone further in the other.

Also I am not sure if you intended it this way but you sounded a bit rude the way you pointed that out.  Not really what i thought the point of the forum was, does it really matter if a topic is duplicated or rather that people put their concerns and queries out there and see what people think?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009