Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is it too late? (Read 3355 times)
hssc11045
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Is it too late?
Jun 3rd, 2008 at 9:24pm

Basically I was not successful in securing a summer placement with some of the larger firms earlier this year and made the decision to concentrate on coursework and exams. I am now regretting this decision and wonder if anyone is aware if it is still possible to gain some experience during the summer months?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

IP Logged

Craig87
Newbies

Graduation soon, Yeehah!

Re: Is it too late?
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2008 at 6:14pm

Just apply for anywhere and everywhere and fight for what you can get. I failed to get a summer placement with a big firm (bitter rejections from Shephard+Wedderburn and Turcan Connell), but applied to millions of other places and now have placements with the procurator fiscal, a firm in Falkirk, and the Scottish Law Commission.

If all else fails, try and get something during the winter months, or prepare thoroughly for next summer's intake.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009