Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
party litigant Court of Session (Read 1306 times)
kathiemclean

I Love YaBB 2!

party litigant Court of Session
Jul 6th, 2008 at 1:10pm

i am a party litigant in a case in the court of session edinburgh me versus norwich union insurance company,the proof was to be for 8 days but on friday there qc said that he could not do next week,which was a surprise to me especially as i have had to wait eight years to get my case into court and it was only ever to be 4 days until last year when  there soliciotr insisted on an 8 day hearing,the judge said that he would like to sit on the rest of the case and with that in mind we went to the keepers office to book another date which is now  the end of november,in this office the defenders said that they would  now have to get another qc,which i guess s them playing for time but i am very concerned as is what is the law on this should i be writing to them etc,the other point is,that a witness on my list,whom  have not intended to give evidence until the next 4 days,actually turned up at the court to be a witness for the insurance company,i was very shocked as her name was not on the list that the defenders had sent to me,so how can i protest at this,please bear in mind i am not legally trained but am presenting myself in this enviroment of no knowledge i only now the facts,when i was in the witness box for two days all the qc did was a character assaination of me,calling me a liar etc,going back over 30 years of my life,when all i was there for was a fire in 2000,and i was claiming on my policy for my insurance,i have had alot of help from the court staff,not legal help but just general like being able to use the photocopier,down loading forms for me,can anyone help me on this pls. Kiss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009