Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
minute of agreement (Read 8572 times)
scot68
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

minute of agreement
Mar 9th, 2009 at 4:20pm

Following a very messy divorce, I walked away with a minute of agreement stating I should get 2500 a year for the next few years, as she got to keep the house.
Well surprise, surprise this year she has refused to pay citing the 'credit crunch'.
What avenues do i have to recover this money? No court will force her to sell the house, and she would just drag the process out anyway.
Do I have any reasonable chance of getting my money?
Thanks.

IP Logged

everyonesfavouriteposter

The one and only.

Re: minute of agreement
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 5:30pm

Go back to Court and get this minute enforced. An order of the Court is made for a reason, it is not made to be flouted by a party who seems here to have total disregard for the judicial process.

IP Logged

scot68
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 5:34pm

Thanks for that, do you think this will encur costly legal bills? I was taken to the cleaners before...!

IP Logged

everyonesfavouriteposter

The one and only.

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 10:02pm

Not costly. There is a scale of fees set out for civil work, it should not cost you as much as previously. The Court does not look favourably upon those who go against its ruling.

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 10:15am

You do not have t go to court. The agreement should have been regsitered in the books of Council and Session making it immediately enforceable like a court order. There should also be an interest provision in the agreement in the event of late or non payment. If this has all been done you just give an original copy (your lawyer will have this) and they will serve a charge for payment on her. This then allows you to enforce the arrears via arrestment of her bank or wages and ultimately bankruptcy.

IP Logged

scot68
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 7:31pm

Thanks for that - it gives me something to go on.........cheers!

IP Logged

hopskipandjump
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2009 at 5:06pm

grumpy wrote on Mar 10th, 2009 at 10:15am:
You do not have t go to court. The agreement should have been regsitered in the books of Council and Session making it immediately enforceable like a court order. There should also be an interest provision in the agreement in the event of late or non payment. If this has all been done you just give an original copy (your lawyer will have this) and they will serve a charge for payment on her. This then allows you to enforce the arrears via arrestment of her bank or wages and ultimately bankruptcy.

Please help could they also over turn one as it has time out and allow it to be enforced
Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009