Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Commercial (Read 18489 times)
Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Commercial
Apr 5th, 2009 at 5:21pm

Hi guys ,

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their ideas on what they think :

"Do you consider a buyer's remedies when faulty goods are supplied to be adequate?"

Whar arguments could you have for this? Huh Undecided

If anyone could help that would be brilliant.

Thanks

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

everyonesfavouriteposter

The one and only.

Re: Commercial
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2009 at 10:43pm

I think for student questions, the student should show some sort of effort to answer for themself first of all, and then other members would be more than willing to help Smiley

IP Logged

scottishlaw

London
Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 7:56am

If you were able to write down what a buyer's remedies are when faulty goods are supplied, that would help with responses.

Presumably this falls under Sale of Goods Act territory, but as a more recent student, you may have more uptodate knowledge, such as the impact of any EU law harmonisation in this area?

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 3:37pm

everyonesfavouriteposter wrote on Apr 5th, 2009 at 10:43pm:
I think for student questions, the student should show some sort of effort to answer for themself first of all, and then other members would be more than willing to help Smiley

It was just a question asked..anyone is more than free to answer at their own will. If you feel that i should make the efort and try myself , dont waste your time replying such a useless post. Roll Eyes

Thank You

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 3:43pm

scottishlaw wrote on Apr 6th, 2009 at 7:56am:
If you were able to write down what a buyer's remedies are when faulty goods are supplied, that would help with responses.

Presumably this falls under Sale of Goods Act territory, but as a more recent student, you may have more uptodate knowledge, such as the impact of any EU law harmonisation in this area?

The question i am asking , is that if members think it is appropriate (the remedies that are currently available by the Act)? Just needing a few opinions thats all.

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

everyonesfavouriteposter

The one and only.

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 3:47pm

No, they aren't.

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 3:51pm

No they aren't?

Yeah some would say . It would helpo if you elaborated as to why you think that? I think that's a little obvious!

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

Lil Mo

I Love YaBB 2!

Glasgow
Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 4:45pm

Hi - dont know if this would help but you could try looking under Trading Standards website it may give you some ideas as to what is and what isnt covered.  Also just as a matter of interest there is a question being asked at the moment on Help and Advice section which is along the same sort of lines about someone with a Harley Davidson motorbike.

Hope this helps a little.

Mo  Smiley

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Thank You. Yeah that does really help in relation to the comments i have had earlier. Thanx  Smiley

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

Lil Mo

I Love YaBB 2!

Glasgow
Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 6:41pm

Hi - what the rest of us do is just ignore - it does seem to have the desired effect.  Hope my answer has helped a little but if not am sure that some other members who really do and want to help will be able to give you the answers you need as after all that was all you asked in the first place - some people think they are better than the rest of us for some very strange reason!!

Good Luck

Mo  Smiley

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 6:52pm

Lol yes they certainly do!  Grin Loving you Lil Mo  Wink

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

everyonesfavouriteposter

The one and only.

Reply #11 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 10:58pm

Mo you sad act. How are students ever going to learn if they are spoon fed things? On another (better) forum that I am a member of, we do not answer student questions without the OP at least making some effort to attempt an answer themselves.

Your answer itself wasn't enlightening.

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #12 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:29am

Excuse me, i am not ASKING for answers. Nor am i ASKING for help! I was only wondering what other people might think of this particular subject area. One things for sure...i certainly do not need to be spoon fed.
OP? Angry

Oh and to add, Mo's answer was enlightening from my perspective! Thank you Mo.

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

scottishlaw

London
Reply #13 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:35am

I really don't care if the original poster makes an effort to answer the question or not - why should I or anyone else?  What's wrong with someone posting the question and looking for some discussion - if you were in the real world, having a conversation, it would be perfectly acceptable to ask this as a question without having to also give your assessment of the answer at the same time. 

Anyway this other, 'better', forum - what's the address?  I'd like to visit to learn why its so great.

Oh, and on the original topic - seriously, what are the remedies?

IP Logged

Miss Ahmed

Stirling
Reply #14 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:19pm

The remedies are pretty basic in the sense that the buyer has the right to return the goods in a specified period of time, right of rejection , recission and right of replacement. if obviously all this still does not work in the favour of the buyer, then the buyer has a right to recieve damages in respect for the loss caused by the faulty goods. This is just a basic outline but if you want to have a look in more depth, check out this website.

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/cp188.pdf
Smiley

Miss Ahmed Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009