Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insurance question -ever been convicted or charged (Read 5831 times)
mcv
Newbies

Scotland
Insurance question -ever been convicted or charged
May 27th, 2010 at 12:55pm

Hi all,
Looking to get some contents insurance for my flat.
The question I'm not sure how to answer is...
Have you or anyone living with you ever been convicted or charged with any offence, other that motoring offences, or is any prosecution or police enquiry pending? YES/NO
If yes please tell us:
Date of conviction or charge
Nature of offence
Penalty received (amount of fine, length of sentence etc)
Your age at the time

I looked this up on the Internet, as I have not been a good boy in the past, but got totally confused... spent convictions etc.
I'm 28, broke into an office when was around 19 (got a fine and good behaviour thing), when I was 25 got shoplifting (2 years probation). I think I have a couple other charges cannot remember, but these are the two worst, only thing in last 5 years was the shoplifting.  Never been in jail.  Had a warrant for my arrest as I missed court for the shoplifting charge so handed myself into police station for court soon after, remember getting fined 125 for the warrant.

Do I have to find out everything I have ever been charged or convicted with, then give all the details they are asking for?
How would I find this out?

Thanks for reading.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009