Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions on PT LLB (Read 2892 times)
LLBSteve
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Questions on PT LLB
Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:18pm

Hi all,

I'm starting looking at options for getting a law qualification. I already have an MBA and would like to complement this with a knowledge of the law. I'm at the start of my search so was hoping some of you guys here might be able to fill in some blanks and get me up to speed.

1. Which schools are offering PT Evening LLBs? I know Strathclyde has one and it seems that there are no distance learning options for Scots law. I had a look at Glasgow Caley but couldn't find if their PT course is evenings or not. What are the options in Edinburgh and elsewhere in the Central Belt?

2. Other than time commitments and managing workloads, what are the downsides of going PT against FT?

3. Are there any grants, scholarships, sponsorships available for PT study of this sort? Can I get student loans?

4. What are the general workload requirements in terms of attending lectures, coursework, assignments etc? Is a couple of nights a week? Every night?

5. What are your general thoughts on career and salary prospects for PT LLB grads?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009