Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Divorce (Read 1185 times)
Harley
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Divorce
Feb 1st, 2011 at 10:32pm

I did a search of this site and was surprised that nothing came up about divorce.

I have been separated since 3 Nov 2006, there are no kids involved and I have a Minute of Agreement which sorts out the financial and property issues.  There is no contest to the divorce.

All that said, how can I get divorced without it costing me a fortune?

TIA Smiley

IP Logged

Harley
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Divorce
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 7:23pm

Hello.

Firstly I am aware that this post is so old it should be written in Latin!

When posting the original message I was seeking a divorce. I was offered assistance by a member on here however after all was said and done, when lodging the papers and about to pay, I was told the papers were not the current issue and needed to be put on the correct edition of the papers.

Since then everyday-life has got in the way and the papers were never lodged.

So, I have looked on the Gov website and I now have the latest papers for a Simplified Divorce. I have filled them in and now need to approach the Sherrif Court to have a JP sign them off. I will then lodge the papers and pay the fees.

The problem I have is I dont recall where to go to lodge the papers (its an age thing!!) I have a vague recollection that it was the County Buildings in Hamilton ( Idont know for sure)

Grateful for guidance on how I complete the task of getting a JP to sign (I assume I must call Hamilton Sherrif Court?) and where I must go to lodge the papers.

Thanks for any help. Smiley

Stuart

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009