Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Visit Amazon.co.uk today Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flat Insurance Problem (Read 4170 times)
moto
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flat Insurance Problem
Jul 14th, 2005 at 1:54pm

Hello all.

My problem is that I own and live in a flat in a block where all the other occupiers are tennants.

My title deeds say that a block buildings insurance policy must be purchased. This is organised by a broker who sends a share of the bill to each occupier.

To my dismay the broker has contacted me to say that he cannot contact some of the owners due to obstructive tennants and some of the owners themselves are refusing to pay.

I am told that as only 3 occupiers in the block are prepared to pay, then we must pay the whole bill or be un-insured as individual policies will not be valid.

I have had similar, although less pressing difficulties with the upkeep of the gardens surrounding the flats.

I'd be grateful if someone could advise me on this matter.

Thanks in advance,
Alan.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009