Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Visit Amazon.co.uk today Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vandalism - 1st offence (Read 5175 times)
taylrmorgyn
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Vandalism - 1st offence
Jul 20th, 2005 at 4:15pm

Could someone please help!!

I stupidly smashed a guys car windows when I was drunk because he was harassing my girlfriend that evening. I confessed all to the Police and paid for the damage.

The person who's car it was tried to drop the charges but the Police said they couldn't do this.

I am really worried by the possible outcome of this and have no idea about what might happen to me as I have never been in trouble before.

I am worried I might lose my job. Does my employer have a right to sack me?

I have heard it is possible to pay to have my name kept out of the newspaper. Is this true? How do I see about this?

It is now 2 months since I was charged and I have had no other contact from the Police. Is this normal practice?

The Police noted that I showed great remorse - which I do. I also hadn't paid for the car at the time I gave the statement but have since paid it in full. When should I notify the police that it is paid for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009