Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scottish Conveyancing (Read 8370 times)
jmb
Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Scottish Conveyancing
Oct 28th, 2006 at 1:21am

I purchased a house in Scotland with an entrance date which was 3 months in advance. I could not sell my own house prior to the above entrance date. The result was that I was required to pay the mortgage for the old house and a bridging loan for the new one as well. That was several years ago.

My daughter is about to buy a house with an entrance date in January 07. If she cannot sell her own house by the date in January 07 will she face the same consequences as above. A legal "friend" of hers said if that happens she can pull out of new house purchase. This does not seem right to me. (Scottish Law). Can you please help?

IP Logged

grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Scottish Conveyancing
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2006 at 6:09pm

In Scotland we use a system called missives that form the contract. Once these have been concluded then an attempt to back out can lead to a claim for damages from the seller who has to re-sell the property. She should contact her lawyer for advice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009