Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mooly Campbell/Rana (Read 6502 times)
grumpy
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mooly Campbell/Rana
Dec 1st, 2006 at 6:54pm

Does anyone think it is a coincidence that two weeks after Tony Blair visited Pakistan a judge makes a decision that is exactly what you would expect in a Hague Convention case even though Pakistan hasn't signed the Convention? Even her mother was gobsmacked as she didn't expect to win. Bit of pressure applied maybe?
Anyway, if she is determined she will just tell the court of Session that she wants to be with her father and, given her age, no court can force her to do otherwise. I supsect that the press have seen this as an easy for Islamiphopbia.

IP Logged

petrocelli

Re: Mooly Campbell/Rana
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 6:24pm

I must confess I was (perhaps somewhat naively) surprised at the decision, given her respective age and the fact that she seems to have made a clear decision regarding her future.

It will be interesting to see how this one turns out. I suspect you may be correct - "Islamic fundamentalist kidnaps Scots Lassie". . .or words to that effect. Predictable as hell.

"Make crime pay. Become a Lawyer." &&Will Rogers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009