Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can you recommend a good lawyer? (Read 2870 times)
yummymummy

Can you recommend a good lawyer?
Dec 17th, 2006 at 9:53pm

I'm having problems with my current lawyer.  I may need to find a new one. My case is mostly divorce/family law related, but I also have a file open re a land dispute and a change of titles.

I need someone of good repute who will take me on with full legal aid. They need to be in the Perthshire/Stirlingshire area.

Can anyone recommend someone to me?

Thanx.

IP Logged

petrocelli

Re: Can you recommend a good lawyer?
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2006 at 6:43pm

Hi Yummy.

Unfortunately, don't know area enough to recommend good solicitor who also does civil legal aid work.  If you receive any recommendations at all, best to cross check firm against this:

http://www.slab.org.uk/getting_legal_help/register/CIVlar%20as%20at%2014%20Decem...

It's a link to the Scottish Legal Aid Board's Civil Legal Assistance Register, in Adobe Acrobat pdf format. You can use the Find facility in Acrobat to search the listings.

You might be able to contact SLAB direct who could recommend someone.  I've certainly done this with the English Legal Aid Board before.  Having said that though, you're probably better relying on word of mouth.

Good luck!

"Make crime pay. Become a Lawyer." &&Will Rogers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009