Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Visit Amazon.co.uk today Wink
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where can I get Funding? (Read 8988 times)
budd246
Newbies

Glasgow
Where can I get Funding?
Feb 15th, 2007 at 5:13pm

Hi

I am starting the LL.B for graduates at the University of Glasgow in September and its bloody expensive! Does anyone know of anywhere I can apply for funding to help with fees and living expenses?

Thanks

Chris

IP Logged

petrocelli

Re: Where can I get Funding?
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 6:31pm

LLB for graduates?

Do you mean that you have graduated with a different degree and now wish to study for an LLB in Scots Law?  If so, then would you not be eligible for a student loan?

If not, it may depend on your previous degree.  I believe that some organisations will pay for graduates to undertake further degree courses, for example, I believe the Medico-Legal Society offer funding to Medical graduates who wish to study Scots Law (or possibly the other way around, I forget).

If on the other hand you are referring to the Diploma, then unfortunately if your first and second year degree grades weren't up to scratch you'll have to secure funding through scholarship or bank loan (or loan shark).

"Make crime pay. Become a Lawyer." &&Will Rogers.

IP Logged

budd246
Newbies

Glasgow
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 6:51pm

Yeah, I have graduated with a different degree in Anatomical Science and am now undertaking the 2 year LLB. I am eligible for a student loan but this wont even cover the course fees never mind anything else. I am going to apply for a Career Development Loan as well, but this is not guaranteed.

I have written away to several Trusts to see if they can help but was just wondering if anyone on here knew of any specific places to look for funding.

Thanks for the info though!

Chris

IP Logged

Joe the Doe

Scotland
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2007 at 8:20pm

Have you tried SAAS?

www.saas.gov.uk

IP Logged

lynne86
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2007 at 12:49am

I am also due to start at Glasgow in September. Have you had any luck as yet in finding funding? I applied to SAAS, who have given me 4,400 (for living costs). The university at first glance appear to have a lot of trusts, but the conditions are so strict and so far I have found none which I am eligible for, that is other than the second first degree bursary which is between 300 and 500 annually.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009