Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
weather (Read 20215 times)
lean mean judicial machine

Glasgow
weather
Jan 13th, 2008 at 1:04pm

i just want to moan about the weather  Embarrassed hate it . thinking of emigrating and pursuing a legal career somwehere warmer.. any ideas on a legal system where retraining is easy?

plus looking for advice on where the go on hols after my exams.. as you can imagine its gota be somewhere amazing where i forget the hell of the past 4years and might give me renewed hope for my diploma!!

i doubt there is any place capable of undoing the damage of this law degree but im all ears for suggestions  Grin

Smiley Cheesy

IP Logged

Deedee

Re: weather
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 12:34pm

No personal experience, but I have met  lawyers who have woked in the Cayman Islands and in Hong Kong (pre-handover). They didn't have to do any  formal re-training.

As for sun, you can't beat sailing in the Greek Islands. If you can't afford it as a holiday, maybe you could sign up to work for one of the British charter companies like Sunsail or Neilson. I think you only get paid about 50 a week, but you get to sail and swim in the sun in exchange for keeping an eye on a flotilla.
Smiley

IP Logged

Glasgow
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 10:32am

cool that sounds like a plan i will get onto that right away!!

about hong kong,  hmm that is an idea,, il check that one out too!!

thanks Smiley

can i also add the weather sucks!!  Undecided

IP Logged

Deedee

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 4:42pm

You are absolutely right about the weather.  Usually the only thing that keeps me going is the thought of my skiing holiday - but I don't have one this year Sad

Great scenery, exercise, food and drink.

Scotland though is still a great place to live and a beautiful country - just a pity about December, January and February!

IP Logged

Glasgow
Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 6:26pm

aww you poor soul.. i think we all deserve a wee break somewhere warm.  i checked out the Hong Kong idea its probably not a good idea now.  Pre handover it was a great idea but now with Chinese law playing a big part in legal education etc its a bit uncertain i think.  Any idea how to transfer to somewhere within Europe  that's warm?

I really am considering emigrating to somewhere warmer the thought of staying here and cold till the end of my days is just too much!! Cry

IP Logged

Michelle151
Newbies

Hey Peeps

Glasgow
Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 7:41pm

the weather now is just great lol snow snow and more snow  Tongue i want to go away just now but cant Sad got exams great fun  Angry

IP Logged

dlalison
Newbies

I'm new!

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2013 at 4:11pm

Glasgow has really bad weather throughout the year. But the people are nice and friendly. So my conclusion is that the there is no correlation between the weather and the mood. Exempt from the lack of Vitamin B (sun shine)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009