Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Signup for free on this forum and benefit from new features!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which undergrad degree prepares you the best? (Read 3430 times)
Sophist
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Which undergrad degree prepares you the best?
Aug 29th, 2009 at 11:39am

This year I'm going to university to study either History, Philosophy or English Literature. My long-term plan is to apply for the 2-year accelerated LLB course at Glasgow or Strathclyde; is any one of my chosen subjects more advantageous to gaining entry than the others? Or is the discipline irrelevant so long as the class is 2.1 or above? Of the 3 I'd definitely prefer to do Philosophy, but for some reason I feel this may look the weakest. I know it might be a bit early to be planning so far ahead but for financial reasons I sort of have to. I'd very much appreciate any guidance.

IP Logged

CC87
Newbies

Falkirk
Re: Which undergrad degree prepares you the best?
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 11:36am

I think your three subjects are similar to an extent and so would be irrelevant for the purpose of gaining entry to the Acc LLB. A 2:1 Honours degree is required but universities make no explicit preference as to what that should be in. So just do what you feel you would enjoy most!

Craig

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009