Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Welcome to the Scottish Law Online forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what a waste of time (Read 6998 times)
lindsey60
Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

what a waste of time
Jun 14th, 2010 at 1:47am

this is a waste of time as no one ever answers..it soooooooo doesnt work !!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

zurich_allan

Paisley, Scotland
Re: what a waste of time
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 10:25am

All you need to do is click on the '10 latest posts' link on the main page to see that people do reply to many posts. You are incredibly rude. Remember that EVERY person that responds to queries does so in their own time, unpaid, in amongst whatever else they have to do on a daily or weekly basis. Advice and information has been provided to literally hundreds of people over many years on this forum and yet you (rather pathetically) decide to post a childish and untrue post of this nature because your own post hasn't been replied to and you're in a sulk!

How about checking your facts before writing something untrue like the above -- I personally resent your post as I have tried to help a good few people over the past four years or so, as have longer term members than myself such as grumpy.

As for your own query - it's very simple and straightforward - check your title deeds to see where your boundaries are!

IP Logged

Liberty Scotland
Newbies

Campaigning for Human
Rights and Fundamental
Freed

Glasgow
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 12:07am

Hi ZA & the OP,

IMHO, Yes it does work, but it doesn't work as well as it should ... is there any doubt about that? How many posts per day? what are the competitors doing? Is there another Scottish Law Forum? If, as I suspect, there isn't then why isn't every solicitor, advocate, student etc etc logging in here every day?

I personally would like to see a Scottish Law Forum that had all the qualities that ZA mentions in his reply ... plus X 10.

So, what needs to be done to get it there and what is the way forward? maybe the senior members and the Forum Owner will contribute.

Liberty Scotland has just added this forum to it's Links page (wait a few days to see it). Maybe that will raise the profile a little Smiley See www.liberty-scotland.org ...

All the best,

Liberty Scotland

IP Logged

Lil Mo

I Love YaBB 2!

Glasgow
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2010 at 9:48pm

I didn't really think that the Forum was in competition with any other and all of us Members seem to be very happy with the way things are going. 

By all means set up your own Forum, but I think the majority of our Members are quite happy the way we are, helping answer queries and having discussions and points of view on various subjects.

Thank you very much!!

Mo

IP Logged

predatore2004
Newbies

Registro de marcas

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 3:36pm

sometimes you have to wai pal!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009