Scottish Law Online > Discussion Forum Community Home | Search | Contact

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

The forum has recently been upgraded to the 2010 release of YaBB 2!
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Law at the open university (Read 9407 times)
Eliza2
Newbies

I'm new!

Law at the open university
May 27th, 2011 at 8:23am

I am considering Applying for the accelerated LLB at the Open Univeristy. Ideally I would have liked to do this the conventional way, i.e. enrol onto a Ft university course but the fees, coupled with having to give up ft employment make this impossible to afford without encurring massive debt which i would be paying back for most of my working life! I would like some advice as to how an LLB from the OU would be regarded by prospective employers. Is it a worthwhile pursuit?

IP Logged

omarromero
Newbies

I'm new!

5325 Clay Ter Ne, Washington,
Re: Law at the open university
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 7:14am

Hi Eliza, doing studies from a open university is a new trend in completing studies. So You can surely do your LLB from an OU but it should be one of the well recognized ones. It will offcourse add a new gradeto your carrier.

IP Logged

Remo Saluza
Newbies

I'm new!

Re: Law at the open university
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 12:21pm

As societies progress, the legal systems and laws will become much more complex and intricate. Competition for careers within the legal industry will also be very competitive. That is why it is crucial for those looking to enter into the legal profession or those looking to improve their career prospects in the legal industry to make sure that they have the knowledge, legal skills and qualifications to improve their chances of getting a successful career in the legal industry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: YaBB Administrator)

Scottish Law Online Scottish Law Online Quick links:
Scotland: Law Society - Scottish Courts - Scotland Legislation - Scottish Parliament
England: Law Society - Courtservice - DCA - Home Office - Law Commission
UK: BAILII - OPSI - Parliament - House of Lords - Direct Gov - Legal 500 - Chambers
Europe: Europa - ECJ - ECHR - Eur-Lex - Commission - Parliament - OEIL
World: WorldLII - AustLII - CornellLII - Findlaw - UN - ICJ - WTO - Lex Mercatoria
Best of the Web: Amazon - Google - Y!Music - IMDB - BBC News - Radio1 - TV - RoF
Shop Online with Amazon
Discussion Forum Kevin F Crombie 2009